#1 Julia 1

Julia 1

Advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationForest-of-Dean.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

If like me you get a lot of static or dust on your PC,? I use a large fine makeup brush a gentle wipe over the screen before switching on PC takes off any build up from the heat of the PC,

505462_fantasy.gif

#2 Julia 1

Julia 1

Advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

Ifd you have the "My Mat Mate" or any template for making shaped edges like Zig-Zags,Scallops or Wave & Straight patten's on card or paper, I am not good with a craft knife, so I go round the shape I want to add to my card craft with a pencil  a few times as this cuts round the shape I want then its easy to tear the patten out or keep cutting with a very sharp fine nib ,   no cut finger's ,,,

505462_fantasy.gif

#3 rock chick

rock chick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationJust outside London

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

Will have to give that a try.

#4 rock chick

rock chick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Sorry - I have given this one a try and I think I must be doing something wrong. Wasn't happy with the result as it just doesn't seem to give a crisp cut edge for my liking, but I am fussy with my cards. So I think I'll stick to scissors or craft knife from now on. There again, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, perhaps not pushing hard enough. Is the pencil supposed to break the surface of the card, perhaps I'm just not sharp enough.

#5 Dulia

Dulia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

I think the pencil is just for marking out the edge,  you still need either scissors or a craft knife,  would be too easy if you could do it with a pencil.
Julia

#6 rock chick

rock chick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure - so I gave it a go, anyway. My attempt ended in the bin!!

#7 Julia 1

Julia 1

Advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

If useing card with White one side & colour the other side when useing backing paper I always but the B/P to the White side this way you get a nice colour back to fix your insert paper,it gives a nice finish to the card.

505462_fantasy.gif

#8 Julia 1

Julia 1

Advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

Any time your near a £1= shop stock up on wet wipes there great for cleaning craft tool's & clear Stamp's, & cleaning glue from work mat's, also for freshening the keyboard & mouse from glitter. 

505462_fantasy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Top 50 Crafters The Top 100 Decoupage Websites Top All Craft Sites Scrapbooking Cards