#1 Percy

Percy

Advanced Member

• Graphics Course Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba - Canada

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Some members may have already seen this video, by Jennifer McGuire, , but I thought it was worth repeating here on the forum. I have a couple of minor issues with her cards, she created.

First, I don't like the stamped sentiments she used on a couple of the cards where they look like a typewriter was used, so I would use peel-offs, more scripture style lettering stamps, etc.  Perhaps even a bit larger in size as well.

Second, Was the use of double sided tape and foil in strips.  I really prefer a laminator for this (Note: it doesn't have to be used in a heat setting), as it lays the foil down very clean and shiny.  However, a rubber roller or perhaps a back of a teaspoon would work as well and not leave a kind of scratchy look on the foil.

Remember this is just my opinion on this.  Everyone has their own style and ways of creating.  Jennifer is showing a technique using a different way of foiling without heatOn to her video !

#2 caroljane

caroljane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for showing this Percy. I sat and watched all of it whilst I had my coffee. I agree with what you said about the sentiments and do people actually say that sort of thing your side of the pond?

#3 Percy

Percy

Advanced Member

• Graphics Course Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba - Canada

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

??? Not Really Carol, but perhaps in the USA they do ?  But, I'm going to give some of her suggestions a try !

#4 yvonnet

yvonnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationStoke on Trent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

I will give this a try, especially for anniversary cards, I like the effect the foil dots gave. Thanks for sharing the video.

Yvonnet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Top 50 Crafters The Top 100 Decoupage Websites Top All Craft Sites Scrapbooking Cards