New Version of Pinta Available for download.
A new version of Pinta is available for download from their website. This is version 1.6 Below is a list of the updates they have made:
New Features / Improvements.
- Redesigned shape tools.
- The Line tool now supports drawing curves and arrows.
- Shapes remain editable after being drawn.
- All shape tools now support drawing dashed lines.
- All selection tools now support the Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersection modes.
- New community add-in repository. Add-ins can be installed through the Add-in Manager dialog (via the Add-ins menu).
- Redesigned New Image dialog. Includes presets, orientation and background options, and a thumbnail preview of the image.
- The toolbox and color palette now have a flexible layout and can expand horizontally. Making them significantly more usable on small screens.
- When launching Pinta from the command line, the standard
--helpoptions are now supported.
In addition to this they have also made over 50 bug fixes.
This really is a great update and includes improvements people have been waiting for for a while. I’ll just highlight a few of these.
The redesigned line and shape tools are a great improvement. Changes can now continue even after you have drawn the shape. In fact even after you have gone on and drawn other shapes. They only seem to be “set” after you have moved off the line or shape tools. This brings it much closer to Paint.net in the way it works. It may have gone one stage better!
The add-in repository is a great idea. again it has probably beaten Paint.net with this easy to use system. The number of add-ons available is small at the moment but that will change as time progresses.
Finally it is also worth mentioning the improvements to the selection tool. This brings Pinta into line with many of the other popular graphics programs.
All in all this is a great update for the Pinta graphics program. It’s great to see it moving forward and being actively supported. We are really keen to know what the next update will bring.
As with all software of this type please only download the new version pinta via their official website which you will find here: http://pinta-project.com/releases . Anything else in just inviting trouble.